"...to establish a company founded on excellence and compassion to care for and develop individuals with developmental disabilities by providing a variety of active & enjoyable services in an environment that is conducive to learning, elicits growth, produces individualized opportunities and creates a sense of community."
"...to love, enhance, equip, and inspire lives & families.” Every Life is important, every life tells a story, every story sings a song. Simply stated, our motto is “Let my life song sing for you."
“….to bolster sociability, independence, and a sense of personal worth and importance for all participants enrolled.”
Serving the Capital Saratoga Region, our Awakenings Day Program is a Day Habilitation Program without walls (100% community involvement which provides to/from transportation) founded on a three (3) fold approach to personal development: volunteering, skill building classes and recreation thus creating a platform for exploration, skill development and self discovery. The focus of all activities is to build confidence, promote growth and provide individuals with the tools they need to support an independent life-style. With “person centered” planning and a program philosophy which embodies “quiet integration,” participants will become actively involved members of their communities. We endeavor to provide an atmosphere in which all individuals can express their talents and explore their communities with a minimum of support from trained, professional and caring staff.
The goal of LifeSong Inc. is to bolster sociability, independence, and a sense of personal worth and importance for all participants enrolled. Individuals will be enrolled in Day Habilitation Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 2:00pm (hours can be adjusted as needed). As mentioned earlier, activities and hours will be based upon individual need and the three core components (volunteering, skill building classes and recreation). Occasional evening or weekend excursion will be scheduled for people that do not lived in a certified setting.
Day Habilitation without walls provides exciting opportunities for people not otherwise found in tradational settings:
- Traditional settings can have a lack of an integrated environment:
There is no “hub” for our program: 100% community integration. Our major focus is to provide opportunities in locations where they naturally occur. This provides a greater opportunity to expose them to TRUE community experiences.
- Traditional settings can have a lack of variety, our approach allows for the following:
- The schedule is made up from the participants involved (with oversight) which gives them a sense of ownership.
- The schedule is made up a week in advance through brainstorming sessions. We do not go to a hub and then decide what the group is going to do for that day. We pick up at the door and directly go to the activity.
- The schedule allows for a review of volunteer opportunities: We volunteer Monday through Thursday. Friday is our “fun day”. This is the day we take trips to various places the participants would like to go.